DOG TRAINING CAN BE A DANGEROUS RECREATIONAL ACTIVITY WITH OBVIOUS RISKS AS DEFINED BY THE CIVIL LIABILITY ACT 1936 . AS THE OWNER AND/OR PERSON RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONTROL OF A DOG YOU HAVE DUTIES, OBLIGATIONS AND LIABILITIES UNDER THE DOG AND CAT MANAGEMENT ACT 1995 AND OTHER STATUTES AND LAW.
IF YOU PARTICIPATE IN A DOG TRAINING EVENT THEN, YOU DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK ASSUMING ALL RISKS (INSOFAR AS THE LAW PERMITS) FOR ANY BODILY INJURY (INCLUDING DEATH) TO YOU OR DAMAGE OR LOSS OF PROPERTY (INCLUDING A DOG).
BY SIGNING/CLICKING BELOW YOU CONFIRM THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD THIS AGREEMENT AND YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE CONDITIONS AND AGREEMENT SET OUT OVERLEAF.
FOR VALUABLE CONSIDERATION the person named (from now on called “You”) hereby agrees with CANINE BEHAVIOURAL SCHOOL INCORPORATED (from now on called “Me”) as follows:
You understand that dog training:-
involves risks which may cause various bodily injuries that may result in death or serious disfigurement or disability to You;
- can be physically demanding and in susceptible people may cause panic, hyperventilation or heart attack.
You wish to participate in a Dog Training Event and You hereby voluntarily assume (insofar as the law permits) the risks of any bodily injury (including death) to Yourself and/or to anyone that accompanies You to a Dog Training Event and/or to Your dog or to the dog of another.
You hereby release Me from all Claims and do hereby indemnify Me and will keep Me indemnified and hold Me harmless from and against all Claims.
You agree to comply with all instructions given to You by Me relating to Your participation in a Dog Training Event. You agree to release Me from all Claims arising out of Your refusal, neglect, default or omission to comply with such instructions and do hereby indemnify Me and will keep Me indemnified and hold Me harmless from and against all such Claims arising out of Your refusal, neglect, default or omission to comply with such instructions.
You agree that these waivers are ongoing and will apply to all future Dog Training Events at any venue nominated by Me in which You participate.
You acknowledge that this document is contractual and binding on You and may be relied upon by Me with respect to any Claims by You, Your heirs, successors, trustees, executors and assigns, and the above waivers, releases and indemnities are given in consideration of Me permitting You to participate in a Dog Training Event at a venue nominated by Me.
You warrant that You do not suffer from any medical condition that may affect Your ability to participate safely in a Dog Training Event.
Due to Your agreements, releases, waivers and indemnities You acknowledge and agree that I NEED NOT INSURE YOU for any bodily injury (including death) to You or damage or loss of property (including a dog) regarding Your participation in a Dog Training Event but that YOU WILL EFFECT YOUR OWN INSURANCE for such risks.
You agree that I may use any photographs or film or video taken at any Dog Training Event containing Your image and/or the dog You are training in promotional material and You waive any claim I may otherwise have in respect of that use (including but not limited to copyright).
You agree that I may send You future course / seminar / workshop information or advertising material to the address You have supplied including to the email address that You have provided to Me.
I / We acknowledge and agree that my participation in a Dog Training Even under this Agreement does not confer and should not be construed as conferring any membership in the Canine Behavioural School Inc.
For the purposes of this Agreement: - unless repugnant to the context of this Agreement;
- A reference to “this Agreement” means this Agreement set out in this document.
- A reference to “You” extends to and includes any other person (including children) that accompanies You to a Dog Training Event as well as to any dog You bring to that Dog Training Event.
- A reference to “Me” extends to and includes Me, My officers, committee members, My employees, agents, contractors, volunteers and the owner of the premises (venue) at which a Dog Training Event is held.
- A reference to a “Dog Training Event” means a dog training event organized by Me at a venue nominated by Me.
- A reference to a “Claim” includes any claim, action, suit or proceedings for compensation or otherwise (including but not limited to damages, losses and legal costs) arising out of any bodily injury (including death) to You or damage or loss of property (including a dog) with respect to Your participation in a Dog Training Event.
- A reference to the singular includes a reference to the plural and vice versa.
Any provision in this Agreement that is found to be void or unenforceable such be stricken from this Agreement and the balance of this Agreement shall remain binding and this Agreement shall be construed and interpreted in My favour.
Cancellation Policy: A full refund, minus $5.00 administration fee will be given if cancellation notification is received in writing or by email up to seven days before commencement of training for the term you enrolled in. No refund is applicable if notification is later than this.
Dances With Dogs
Dances with Dogs classes are available on request and subject to numbers. Please contact us for more information.