Let the fun begin! Diamond level is a mixture of games, solid learning principles and a chance to have fun with the knowledge you have gained in other levels.
Diamond includes advanced training games that stretch the abilities of dogs and their people. At the conclusion of Diamond, students have the option to undertake an evaluation to earn their Level 4 Pet Dog Ambassador certification.
To enrol in Diamond level, please complete an online enrolment form.
Diamond level behaviours include:
- Backing up at an entrance
- Advanced handling skills (for oral, eye and ear medication)
- Street walk with distractions (food dropped on ground, people passing by, etc.)
- Emergency stop (from 10 metres)
- Recall away from playing with another dog
- Being alone (advanced)
- End of walk pack up
- Shaping behaviours using free or prompt shaping
- Teaching your dog basic nose work (i.e. scenting with your dog)