Dog training can potentially be a dangerous recreational activity to the dogs and to a lesser extent to their owners. As the owner and/or person responsible for the control of a dog you need to maintain control of your dog. You have duties, obligations and liabilities under the Dog and Cat Management Act 1995 and other statutes and law.
If you participate in a dog training event, then it is important that you are aware that you do so at your own risk for any injury to you or damage or loss of property (including a dog).
By signing/clicking below you confirm that you have read and understood this agreement and you agree to be bound by the conditions set out below and this agreement.
You hereby agree with Canine Behavioural School Incorporated (CBS) that :
- Dog training involves risks which may cause injury. It can be physically demanding and may cause panic, hyperventilation, or heart issues.
- Despite the potential risks you wish to participate in a Dog Training Event.
- Risks include injury to you, your dog or other dogs or people attending or witnessing the event.
- You hereby release CBS from all Claims and do hereby indemnify CBS and will keep CBS indemnified and hold CBS harmless from and against all Claims.
- You agree to comply with all instructions given to you by CBS relating to your participation in a Dog Training Event.
- You agree to release CBS from all Claims arising out of your refusal, neglect, default or omission to comply with such instructions and do hereby indemnify CBS and will keep CBS indemnified and hold CBS harmless from and against all such Claims arising out of your refusal, neglect, default or omission to comply with such instructions.
- You agree that these waivers are ongoing and will apply to all future Dog Training Events at any venue nominated by CBS in which you participate.
- You acknowledge that this document is contractual and binding on you and may be relied upon by CBS with respect to any Claims by you and the above waivers, releases and indemnities are given in consideration of CBS permitting you to participate in a Dog Training Event at a venue nominated by CBS.
- You warrant that you do not suffer from any medical condition that may affect your ability to participate safely in a Dog Training Event.
- Science acknowledges that some dogs are not suited to training in a class environment. This is sometimes due to anxiety or reactivity, or other behavioural, physical, or psychological traits.
- You acknowledge that if, at any stage, it is the view of an instructor that your dog is not suited to training in a class situation, either for the dog’s own benefit or the benefit of other dogs, students, or volunteers, you will be advised that CBS is unable to accommodate further training (either permanently or until specified alternative therapies, treatment or private training have been successfully undertaken).
- You agree to abide by that recommendation and cease attending classes as soon as notified by CBS.
- You acknowledge you will be refunded fees in line with the CBS Refund Policy for the term in which your training is terminated or suspended.
Due to your agreements, releases, waivers, and indemnities you acknowledge and agree that CBS need not insure you for any bodily injury to you or damage or loss of property (including a dog) regarding your participation in a Dog Training Event but that you will affect your own insurance for such risks.
You agree that CBS may use any photographs or film, or video taken at any Dog Training Event containing your image and/or the dog you are training in promotional material, and you waive any claim you may otherwise have in respect of that use (including but not limited to copyright).
You agree that CBS may send you future course / seminar / workshop information or advertising material to the address you have supplied including to the email address that you have provided to CBS.
I / We acknowledge and agree that my participation in a Dog Training Event under this Agreement does not confer and should not be construed as conferring any membership in the Canine Behavioural School Inc.
For the purposes of this Agreement: – unless repugnant to the context of this Agreement.
- A reference to “this Agreement” means this Agreement set out in this document.
- A reference to “You” extends to and includes any other person (including children) who accompany you to a Dog Training Event as well as to any dog you bring to that Dog Training Event.
- A reference to “Me” extends to and includes CBS, its officers, committee members, employees, agents, contractors, volunteers, and the owner of the premises (venue) at which a Dog Training Event is held.
- A reference to a “Dog Training Event” means a dog training event organized by CBS at a venue nominated by CBS.
- A reference to a “Claim” includes any claim, action, suit, or proceedings for compensation or otherwise (including but not limited to damages, losses, and legal costs) arising out of any bodily injury (including death) to You or damage or loss of property (including a dog) with respect to your participation in a Dog Training Event.
- A reference to the singular includes a reference to the plural and vice versa.
- Any provision in this Agreement that is found to be void or unenforceable shall be stricken from this Agreement and the balance of this Agreement shall remain binding and this Agreement shall be construed and interpreted in my favour.
Cancellation Policy: A full refund, minus $5.00 administration fee will be given if cancellation notification is received in writing or by email up to seven days before commencement of training for the term in which you enrolled. No refund is applicable if notification is later than this.